Risk assessment process
Using the score sheet and Word narrative:
- Print a copy of the updated score sheet for each zone you are going to assess.
- Use the maps provided by Denton County GIS to identify the zone you are assessing.
- Using the score sheet, complete the risk assessment.
- If the zones score is 61 or greater, you will need to use the Word form field template to complete a short narrative. If the score is 60 or less, no narrative is necessary and you may submit the score sheet via e-mail, fax, or postal service using one of the addresses or fax number in section 7 below.
- Take a photo showing an example of wildland fuels in the zone, and a photo of an example of structural issues.
- Using the narrative template, the risk assessments, and the photos, complete the risk assessment narrative (write-up).
- Submit you report by;
- Scanning the score sheet and e-mailing it and the risk assessment write-up to the Community Wildfire Protection Plan team - or
- Print the risk assessment write-up and fax it and the score sheet to (940) 349-5169 - or
- Print the risk assessment write-up and mail it and the score sheet to:
9060 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76210
If you are going to use the phone application:
- Review the application (app) instructions and download the app to your phone.
- Using the app, select the GIS zone where you are conducting the risk assessment.
- You will still need to use a paper score sheet to note longitude and latitude, clarify scoring ranges on the app, keep score of your zone, and to provide your department with a permanent record of your assessment. Once you reach the WUI SCORE TOTAL question, add up the points on the paper score sheet and enter the total on the app. If the zones score is 61 or greater then go on to step 4. If the score is 60 or less, you are done, do not fill out the questions past this point. Save your answers by hitting “Update."
- If the total score is 61 or greater, complete the second part of the assessment (all questions after the WUI TOTAL SCORE). Take a photo showing an example of wildland fuels in the zone, and a photo of an example of structural issues. Save your work by hitting “Update,” and you are done.
If you need to edit or add a zone:
Use a paper WUI map from Denton County GIS, and draw directly on the map to make the changes (e.g. add a zone, split a zone, etc.). If you are adding a new zone, please give it a zone number. Take a picture of, or scan, the changes to the WUI map and e-mail them to Rachel Crowe and she will update the WUI map.