Denton County offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22nd and Friday, Nov. 23rd in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday
The District Clerk’s office will close on Wednesday, December 12th at 3:00 PM for our office-wide holiday lunch. We apologize for the inconvenience.

District Clerk

District Clerk

The Honorable Sherri Adelstein
District Clerk

The District Clerk is elected for a four-year term and supports the district courts. The Clerk is registrar, recorder and custodian of all court pleadings, instruments and papers that are part of any cause of action in any civil or criminal district court.

District Clerk

Denton County Courts Building
1450 East McKinney Street 
1st Floor
Denton, TX 76209-4524
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 2146
Denton, TX 76202-2146

Request copies of documents Adobe Acrobat PDF from a case on file with this office

Denton County Standing Orders for Divorce/Family cases effective January 20, 2017 Adobe Acrobat PDF 


District Clerk Office
(940) 349-2200
(972) 434-8822

(940) 349-2200
(972) 434-8822
(940) 349-2201 (Fax)

Criminal (felony records)
(940) 349-2210
(972) 434-8839
(940) 349-2211 (Fax)

Child Support
(940) 349-2220
(972) 434-8840
(940) 349-2201 (Fax)

Jury Information Services

(940) 349-2230
(972) 434-8830
(940) 349-2231 (Fax)


How may I obtain a copy of a divorce decree or other documents from a case file?

You may download the Record Request Form Adobe Acrobat PDF  or the form is available in the District Clerks office. The form must be completed in its entirety including the cause no., the name of the parties involved, the date(s) of the document(s) and the name(s) of the document (s). If you do not know this information you can do a public record search at the site of Denton County Records Inquiry; all documents which have been filed are listed on the case and updated as soon as the document is entered on the case management system.

When will the Judge hear my case?
Most of the Judges are available to hear uncontested matters Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM; please keep in mind this is on a first come, first served basis. Some judges will hear uncontested matters at other times, if they are not in trial. If a hearing is required, you must contact the court coordinator for the court your case has been assigned and arrange a hearing date. Please make sure you provide the decree or judgment for the Judge to sign and bring at least two (2) additional copies.

View All FAQs