The Clerks at this Court are deputized to the Denton County
Clerk for the purpose of issuing marriage licenses.
Marriage licenses are issued daily between the hours of
8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Persons applying for a license shall:
- Submit your Marriage application electronically.
- Appear together before the Court Clerk;
- Submit for each applicant:
proof of identity and age as prescribed by section 2.005 of the Texas Family Code (Proof of identity and age can be:
A certificate, license, or document issued by this state or another state, the United States, or a foreign government or a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate. (All identification must be in English)
if required, the documents establishing parental consent, should the applicant be under 18 years of age (applicants 15 and under can not apply for a marriage license without a court order).
- provide the information for which spaces are provided in the application for a marriage license; and,
- take the oath printed on the application and sign the application before the County Clerk.
- The marriage license is
valid for a period of ninety (90) days immediately
- The marriage ceremony may not take place during a 72-hour period immediately following the
issuance of the license unless:
- an applicant is a member of the armed forces of the United States and is on active military duty;
- an applicant performs work for the United States Dept. of Defense as a department employee or under a contract with the department; or
- an applicant obtains an order from a district court waiving the waiting period.
- completes a premarital education course described by Section 2.013, and provides a course completion certificate to the clerk.
- The fee for a Marriage License is $82.00 CASH ONLY (w/out education course cert).
- The fee for a Marriage License is $22.00 CASH ONLY (with education course cert).
For more information on Premarital Education Courses visit
Marriage Application: To
electronically submit your marriage application
please click on this link:
Once you submit your marriage application you need
to proceed to any of the marriage license issuance
offices in Denton County to complete the application
Judge DePiazza performs weddings by appointment ***
Wedding Letter and Receipt