Welcome to the Denton County Budget Office official web site. This site provides you
with an abundance of information about Denton County, such as the
top 15 employers in Denton County,
homeowner tax rate histories,
and employee summaries and more! Visit
our Statistical Information Section for more details.
The Budget office is known throughout the
organization for its excellent work. This is proven by the fact that it has won the
Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the
Budget in Brief
section to learn a wealth of information about Denton County!
Adobe Acrobat required. Click
here to get your free Acrobat Reader.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities of the Denton County
Budget Office include:
- Preparation of the annual County Budget:
- distributing a Budget Manual to all County departments;
- holding departmental budget workshops and on-line budgeting
- gathering and processing budget requests from all County
- preparing a Recommended Budget to present to Commissioners
- holding departmental budget hearings to discuss funding
levels and other policy issues;
- implementing the adopted budget.
- Maintenance of the Adopted Budget throughout the fiscal
- processing of Budget Amendments;
- processing of Intra-Departmental Operating Transfers.
- Preparation and distribution of Budget Documents:
For the ninth year, the Denton County Budget Office has
Budget in Brief (PDF).
This booklet was developed for use as an easy
reference source and summary of the annual Denton
The Budget in Brief booklets are available at no charge by
contacting the Denton County Budget Office. We hope that you will take advantage of the
availability of this publication.
The Budget Office has five staff members:
- Donna Stewart, Budget Officer;
- Jona Macsas, Assistant Budget Officer;
- Sandra Camp, Budget
- Donna Henrikson,
Financial Support Specialist III;
Joseph A. Carroll - County
401 W. Hickory, Suite 609
Denton, Texas 76201-9026
Map to the Budget Office
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Office: (940) 349-3060 (Metro)
or (972) 434-8854 (Metro)
Fax: (940) 349-3061 (Metro)
E-Mail to the Budget Office
back to top
This page was created by the Denton
County Budget Office.
Designed by the Denton County Department of Information Services
and was last updated on
September 04, 2012.