* * * * * Notice of Public Meeting
Tuesday, June 4, 2002, 9:00 A.M.
* * * * * Please turn off all audible pagers and cellular phones, $5.00 fine. * * * * *
A copy of the Formal and Briefing Agenda books is available for public review in the Aide-to-the-Court's Office. Some numbered agenda categories may have no posted items. Please contact the Aide-to-the-Court if assistance for hearing impaired is needed.
TIMED AGENDA ITEMS
4. A) 9:05 A.M.
4. B) 9:10 A.M.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGES OF ALLEGIANCE
Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag
Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee. Texas, one and indivisible."
1. PUBLIC INPUT FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ON THE AGENDA
Citizens should complete a witness form located on the side table. Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Commissioners Court is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on your statement can be taken only at a future meeting.
In order to expedite the flow of business and to provide all citizens the opportunity to speak, the Commissioners Court may impose a three-minute limitation on persons addressing the Court. Please address all comments to the Presiding Officer.
2. CONSENT AGENDA
* All items marked with an asterisk are part of a consent agenda and require no deliberation by the Court. Any Court member can remove an item from this agenda to be considered separately.
3. RESOLUTIONS/AWARD PRESENTATIONS
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS
9:05 a.m. A) Approve the Replat of the Page Addition, Phase 1, Precinct #4. Planning Department
9:10 a.m. B) Approve the Replat of the Creek View Addition, Precinct #1. Planning Department
A) Approval of Bill Report.
(Payments from Adult Probation, Community Corrections, Pre-Trial Services and District Attorney Check Fee Fund are presented for recording purposes only.)
* B) Approval of Payroll.
C) Approve the Excessive Force Resolution required by the Texas Department of Housing for the Swisher Road Water System Grant. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* A) Approval of acceptance of a $100 donation to the Denton County Law Library from Larry Patchen and any appropriate action. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* B) Approval of award of bid for Parking Lot Repairs -Denton County Law Enforcement Center, Bid #04-02-1483, to Lewisville Paving for a base bid of $22,548, and any appropriate action. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* C) Approval of specifications and the authority to advertise for Auto Physical Damage and Liability Insurance, RFP #04-02-1485, and any appropriate action. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* D) Approval of award of bid for Roof Repairs -Denton County Law Enforcement Center, Bid #03-02-1487, to Supreme Roofing Systems for $21,740, and any appropriate action. (Briefing 5-28-02)
E) Approval of the purchase to upgrade Argyle's wireless link, from Johnston Technical Services at the State of Texas QISV Best Value, and any appropriate action. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* A) Approval of Budget Amendment Request #100990 for Repairs and Maintenance for Denton County Courts Building in the amount of $740. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* B) Approval of Budget Amendment Request #101030 for Computers for County-Wide Technology in the amount of $7,694. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* C) Approval of Budget Amendment Request #101040 for various line items for Law Enforcement Facility in the amount of $11,000. (Briefing 5-28-02)
D) Approval of Budget Amendment Request #101100 for Salary Assistants/Benefits and various line items and the creation of a new line item for county purposes for FY 2002-2002 for Economic Development in the amount of $43,525.
8. HUMAN RESOURCES
* A) Approval of Order Making Appointments. (Appointments have been posted and advertised. Interviews were conducted as set forth in the Denton County policies adopted by the Commissioners Court, except as otherwise stated in the appointment orders. These appointments are within the budgetary constraints.)
B) Approve a request that the Texas County and District Retirement System perform an actuarial study and provide an estimate of the cost of allowing all eligible employee members to purchase previously forfeited service. (Briefing 5-28-02)
A) Approval of the Grant Application for the Service Delivery Integration Grant between the Texas Department of Health and the Denton County Public Health Department in the amount of $344,207.
10. PUBLIC WORKS
11. COUNTY CLERK
* A) Approve the transcribed minutes and the County Clerk's minutes from Commissioners Court Formal Agenda for May 21, 2002.
13. OTHER DEPARTMENTS
A) FOR RECORDING PURPOSES ONLY: Acceptance of the North Texas Tollway Authority 2001 Annual Report. County Judge
A) Any appropriate action on Executive Session matters - Legal Department.
* B) Approve renewal of the Standard Form of Agreement for Janitorial Services between Denton County and Member's Building Corporation. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* C) Approval of Service Agreement between the Department of Information Resources, Telecommunications Services Division, and Denton County, Texas for communication services. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* D) Approval of Addenda "A" & "B", fully incorporated herein, as amendments to the Historical Collection Loan Agreement dated September 30, 1999. (Briefing 5-28-02)
* E) Approval of Individual Case Basis (ICB) Agreement between GTE Southwest Incorporated, d/b/a Verizon Southwest and Denton County, Texas. (Briefing 5-28-02)
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Commissioners Court reserves the exercise of its discretion and may convene in executive session as authorized by the Texas Government Code §§551.071, et seq. on any of the agenda items.
For purposes permitted by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 - Contemplated or Pending Litigation or Settlement Offer, Section 551.072 - Real Property, Section 551.074 - Personnel Matters, and Section 551.076 - Security.
A) Real Property: Texas Government Code, Section 551.072: Real Property.
B) Deliberation regarding security procedures and devices - Texas Government Code, Section 551.076.
C) Consultation with Attorney: Contemplated Litigation, Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (1)(A); Claim of Marilyn Offord.
D) Consultation with Attorney: Pending Litigation, Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (1)(A); Resort Realty Company v. City of Lake Dallas and Denton County; Cause No. 4:20-CV-00148, in the United States District Court Eastern District of Texas, Sherman Division.
E) Consultation with Attorney: Pending Litigation, Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (1)(A); Luther Joe Lee, individually and as Trustee of the Dorothy LaVerne Lee Testamentary Trust, Frankie Jo Robbins, individually, as Trustee of the Jason Lee Robbins 1994 Irrevocable Trust, and as Trustee of the Jon Mark Robbins 1994 Irrevocable Trust, Jon Mark Robbins and Jason Lee Robbins v. Town of North Lake, Texas, Denton County, Texas and the State of Texas; Cause No. 2001-40730-362, pending in the 362nd District Court of Denton County, Texas.
F) Consultation with Attorney: Pending Litigation, Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (1)(A); Texas Properties Partnership v. Town of Northlake, Denton County, Texas and the Texas Department of Transportation; Cause No. ED-2002-00729, pending in the Probate Court of Denton County, Texas.
18. RECONVENE IF NECESSARY