Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS)
Denton County Sheriff’s Office
127 N. Woodrow Lane
Denton, TX 76205
Your Ticket to Community Volunteering!
The Volunteers in Police Services is committed to developing a spirit of cooperation and partnership within the community to enhance the Denton County Sheriff’s Office’s ability to serve citizens of Denton County.
Note from Your Sheriff
The Denton County Sheriff’s Office is a community based department. I would like to invite you to become a part of this endeavor. Our VIPS program is designed to give our volunteers a sense of personal satisfaction as they perform meaningful and important roles that directly affect our community.
The Volunteer in Police Service program, or VIPS, is part of a national Volunteer in Police Service Organization.
The goal of the program is to give the volunteers a chance to give back to their community. Community volunteers have a direct effect in the community by helping the Sheriff’s office make Denton County a better place to live while enjoying a sense of personal satisfaction.
Where can you help your community?
- Community Events
- School Events
- Juvenile Impact Program
- Translation Services
- Fingerprinting Services
- Crime Prevention Support
- Helping Others
- Community Involvement
- Meeting new and interesting people
- Personal Satisfaction
Reasons to be a VIP?
- Participate in purpose driven programs that benefit your community
- Develop valuable relationships with other volunteers, your county and your Sheriff’s office
- Exercise your special skills, talents and experience in a new venue
- Support your sheriff’s department employees by performing duties that enable them to concentrate on public service.
What are the minimum requirements to volunteer?
- Live or Work within Denton County
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- Have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Minimum 8 hours a month time commitment
Volunteers are selected to ensure a broad community representation.
How Do I get started?
For more information on volunteering or for an application, contact Deputy Penny Campbell or Deputy Bob Hargenrater or call (940) 349-1549.
You may download an application.