Juror Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When will I receive payment?
Payment for juror service is processed in approximately 2-3 weeks. All payments are mailed.
2. I intended to donate my jury pay but received a check. How can I donate?
Please return the check to:
Denton County Treasurer
401 W. Hickory, Suite 309
Denton, TX 76201-9030
Please be sure to note the charity you wish to donate to.
***** Click here for a list of available charities.
3. How do you calculate how much I am paid?
Jurors receive $6.00 for the first day they appear. Each day thereafter jurors are paid $34.00 per day.
4. I received my check but the amount is incorrect. Who do I contact?
Please contact Jury Services at (940) 349-2230 or (972) 434-8830. They will research their records and if additional payment is due notify our office. Payment will be sent in approximately 2 weeks. A check for an additional amount would be issued; the original check could be cashed at any time.
5. I never received my jury check. How do I get a replacement?
If a check has not been received after 3 weeks please contact our office at (940) 349-3150 or (972)434-8855. We will check if the payment has been returned by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Otherwise, there is a 30 calendar day waiting period before a new check can be issued.