Passport applications are accepted at all 4 County Clerk locations Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:15pm. Since the County Clerk’s office is able to offer a walk-in passport service (no appointments needed), a firm cutoff time of 4:15pm is necessary. Please see more information about specific locations below.
Passport applications are accepted at the County Clerk's offices located in Denton
at the Denton County Courts Building, Carrollton
at the Sandy Jacobs Government Center
Cross Roads at the Steven E. Copeland Government Center, and Lewisville at the Precinct 3 Government Center.
U.S. Passport Application for Children under Age 16
Fee and requirement information is available at http://travel.state.gov/passport or by calling 940-349-2010.
NOTE: PLEASE SUBMIT A PERSONAL CHECK, BUSINESS CHECK, CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MADE PAYABLE TO THE "U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE" FOR EACH DS-11 PASSPORT APPLICATION
***NOTE: APPLICABLE CLERK ACCEPTANCE FEE IS $25 ***
PASSPORT PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE FOR $10.00
Time Needed to Process Applications:
- At the Denton, Carrollton, Cross Roads, and Lewisville locations passport application cannot be processed after 4:15pm Monday-Friday.
- Wait times vary depending on the traffic at each location. There tends to be an increased amount of traffic during afternoon hours at locations and on days that local school districts are on holiday (Spring Break, Winter Break, Summer Break, and any other school district observed holidays).
- Due to the unusually large volume of Passport customers at the Carrollton location, a cut off time is necessary in order to provide the best service possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and recommend arriving as early as possible to avoid delays.
- For the most up-to-date information regarding processing times please refer to the following link; http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html.
Passport Application Forms are available at http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html or at any of the 3 Denton County Clerk locations.
DS-11 Form -(First time applicants & minors)
Application Form: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html
This form must be presented and signed in person at an authorized passport acceptance facility. If you have never had a U.S. passport, you are under age 18, or if your most recent passport was lost or stolen you must use this form. (If you are applying because your passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64.)
DS-82 Form (Renewal of Passport)
Application Form: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds82/ds82_843.html
(For Renewals Only) This form should be used for renewing a previously issued U.S. passport by mail. There are four criteria for using this form. Please use the following checklist to see if you are eligible to apply with a DS-82:
- I can submit my most recent passport.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued.
- I was issued my most recent passport less than 15 years ago.
- I use the same name as on my most recent passport, OR, I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name changes.
You can find updated travel warnings and information at www.travel.state.gov.